Tuesday 18 December 2018

end of module evaluation


 Throughout this project I have been continually wrestling with the topic I was most interested in. I think that the way I approach research led briefs like this is self destructive and idiotic, i was too indecisive for too long and this lead me to feeling like the project was just getting rolling with only a few weeks before the deadline. I did not formally agree with myself what the essay would be about until it was too late to really get stuck in with making the perfect practical responses. I found myself interested in so many different elements of the topics that I was researching that I quickly became ‘distracted’ from the specific line of enquiry required to write a focused essay. I have found it very difficult to stop myself from being interested in related but not relevant topics throughout my research. I would not say that there is clearly much evidence of synthesis between the work and the essay i am worried that essay feels like a jumbled mess of facts and i don't think i wrote about the most pertinent case studies after changing/evolving my essay title so many times. I feel let down by my lack of structured self imposed time management, I don't feel like I am done with this project and I will continue to explore making and performing within masks in the future. In particular i would have loved to explore more 3d materials to make masks from namely wood carving, latex moulds and more ceramic explorations. There is so much more I would love to try and so many more different avenues of this topic that this project could have taken. I would have liked to have explored. I feel like I would happily start the entire project again. Despite feeling slightly deflated and disappointed I have undoubtedly learnt a lot of new things. In particular i feel like my knowledge of Adobe after effects has come on leaps and bounds and i would now say that i am a confident user of the program. I feel like my interests within art and illustration has been shaped dramatically by this project. I am especially proud of the video work created in this project and a handful of the prints although i feel like i should have spent more development time planning specific aims and intentions for my work this year, the context is lacking so i feel like my work is potentially less interesting than it could have been had successfully emulated a real life ritual dance for example. I feel like i have not been organised enough to clearly display the extent of my journey throughout this project and i have a feeling of shame to do with my lack of focus and time management. I have had glimpses of success feeling like i am getting somewhere but then i lose focus and my worry overrides any positive feelings. I am very glad this topic is over and i am looking forward to starting a fresh in the new year.



No comments:

Post a Comment